Saturday, October 24, 2009

So let me update you on bootcamp!

I have failed in getting on my blog to tell everyone about my bootcamp saga. Believe it or not I am doing my THIRD 4 week session already!

First Bootcamp:

The very first day I showed up bright and early just like I was supposed too and started bootcamp. I can honestly tell you that within 10 minutes of starting I was literally thinking "what the fu*ck have I gotten myself into?" It was truly one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am so out of shape and so overweight that I could not get through the freaking warm up. I kept going though the best I could and made it through the first day but not without regrets.

Everyday was so hard and I seriously thought I would not make it through the month. My eating was on point during bootcamp for about 2 weeks and then I didn't do what i should have done the rest of the month. When the month was over, I felt so accomplished for getting through it that I don't remember feeling so good getting through something in my whole life. The results spoke for themselves. I lost approximately 9 pounds and 18 1/4 inches with 8 of those inches being in my waist and hips!!!!!!! I was absolutely thrilled.

Second Bootcamp:

I started the 2nd bootcamp session with a great attitude knowing that I could get through it no matter how hard it was. The 1st session I did 5 days a week but this session I did 4 days a week. 5 days a week was a lot for me and on the week off between sessions I felt completely worn out. I went through the 4 weeks without any major mishaps except that during a sprint I hurt my knee. It hasn't been right since. But I wear a knee brace to get me through and if the pain is TOO much then I ask for an alternative. Joy the bootcamp instructor is the real deal. She pushes you further than you EVER thought you could be pushed. I am really starting to enjoy going to bootcamp and am motivated to get up each morning and go. Joy just does that for a person. She is extremely positive and helps to change our "mental" attitude towards things. The second bootcamp made me stronger than I have ever been. My results weren't as good as the first month and the reason being is because I ate like shit the ENTIRE month. I lost only 4-5 pounds and about 6 inches total. I was happy to go down instead of up but my results could have been AMAZING if I worked on the food aspect of things.

Third Bootcamp:

I just started my 3rd session this past week. I am already done with the first full week. It truly does get easier every month. Don't get me wrong, everyday I struggle and think I can't go anymore but I get through it and feel FANTASTIC. I started a raw diet this month and did great for the first 5 days. I have went off the raw this weekend because I got tired of feeling like total shit. I know I should have stayed strong and I might have felt better next week but I just didn't do it. So on Monday I will try again.

Losing weight is 20% exercise and 80% food. I LOVE THE EXERCISE! I wish it was 80% exercise and 20% food and I would have this issue licked. However, things can't possibly be that easy for me so I digress.

I will keep trying and keep trying until I get it right. It's who I am. I don't give up easily and even though it may take me a long time to get it, I will finally get it sooner or later.

2 comments:

  1. Well it's about time! Geesh - making us wait this long - what's up with that!

    Marci you are amazing in my books. Really and truly! I marvel at you woman. When I go to the gym and am hating my trainer - I think of you and what you are doing and how you are succeeding ... and it kicks my ass in gear!

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Marci. Your kicking some ass. You rock girl, but you know that already. I am amazed at your will power with working out. I need to get off my ass and do something.

    ReplyDelete